This month I’m participating in theBlogging from A to Z Challenge, drawing from my “Grab Bag of Delectable and Occasionally Edifying Interwebby Wonderments.”
I’m composing this post on Monday evening, looking ahead to the shock of returning to work tomorrow morning after an all-kinds-of-awesome four day weekend. Much as I enjoy my job, it’s always bit a shock to the system heading back after a few day’s break. (Or even after a two day weekend, to be honest.)
At any rate, over the past few days I’ve been posting links to sites that are all explode-y with brain food and great whacks of clever-making content, but I think Tuesday needs to be about the fun and frivolity. Anti-brain food, if you will. So I asked, and, ta da, the interwebs have provided!
For your non-edification, allow me to present the following linky wonderments. Now, before you shake your virtual fist at me and say, “Hey, cut it out, lady. I have posts to write and blogs to visit!” remember that everyone needs to take a break, even from A-to-Z-ing. And when you do? These links will be here waiting for you.
Fontastic font games:
- What Type Are You? is an interactive quiz . Answer four simple questions to find out what type you are, font-ishly speaking.
- I Shot the Serif (but I did not shoot the sans-serif) – A fun little shooting game where your job is to clear the screen of serif letters while leaving the sans-serif letters standing tall and proud and squiggle-less. Junior, Middle-Weight, and Senior levels.
- Are you familiar with the Weekly Film Quiz at the Guardian? A fine way to while away a few minutes when you’re between blog visits.
- Since I don’t go to movies very often, I pretty much tank at the quizzes unless I’ve been keeping up to date with the Kermode and Mayo film reviews (available in in full, or in clips, or as a podcast).
- For your listening pleasure, Paste Magazine has compiled a list of The 50 Best Fictional Bands, complete with videos. Who doesn’t love a bit of band fakery, after all? (There are quite a few missing videos, but most are intact.)
- The Archies didn’t make the list, which will come as no surprise to anyone. And yet…because “Sugar, Sugar” is a feel-good song, and Tuesday is going to be a day in need of a good feel (um, that sounds all kinds of wrong), I leave you with it anyway.